The best laptop cooling pad is equipped with powerful fans that move air at wonderful speeds to keep the components of your laptop cool.
Check out the brands we are giving the nod in these consumer reports.
- 8 Budget-Friendly Home Office Setup Ideas
- The First Thing To Do If Liquid Spills On Your Laptop
- 10 Best L Shaped Gaming Desks Reviews
- 10 Best Laptop Cooling Pads Reviews
- 1. havit 15.6” – 17” 3 Fans Laptop Cooler Cooling Pad (HV-F2056)
- 2. AICHESON S035 Laptop Cooling Pad, Blue-5fans
- 3. TECKNET Ultra-Slim Laptop Cooling Pad with 2 USB Powered Fans
- 4. TopMate C5 10 – 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop Cooler Cooling Pad
- 5. Targus AWE55US Portable Chill Mat Lap with Dual Fans
- 6. KLIM Pro – The Laptop Cooling Pad for Professionals
- 7. LIANGSTAR Laptop Cooling Pad for 15.6 – 17 Inch Laptop
- 8. Kootek Laptop Cooler Cooling Pad, 2 USB Ports
- 9. MeFee Laptop Cooling Pad for 11 – 15.8 Inch Laptop Cooler
- 10. Gamenote Laptop Cooling Pad with 4 Fans
- Buyer’s Guide for the Best Laptop Cooling Pad
- FAQs: Laptop Coolers
- Best Laptop Cooling Pad Reviews: Conclusion
10 Best Laptop Cooling Pads Reviews
1. havit 15.6” – 17” 3 Fans Laptop Cooler Cooling Pad (HV-F2056)
Whether you want to enjoy gaming or get work done faster, havit HV-F2056 should be a frontier for you. As its name suggests, havit HV-F2056 is equipped with 3 fans that enable it to create a cool environment for typing and gaming. What’s more, this laptop cooler cooling pad features a lightweight design and thin body that make it highly portable.
This means your laptop will always be protected by an optimal cooling solution even when you are on a business trip. This cooling pad is also equipped with an extra USB port to allow you to charge USB devices with ease. There is also a power switch design for convenience. It is worth noting that the included cable only supports USB to USB connection. This means if your device only supports a Type C connection, you will need a Type C to USB adapter.
- 2 height settings are adjustable and make it possible to use the cooling pad as an ergonomic stand
- Multi-directional metal mesh provides the laptop with a stable, wear-resistant surface
- Ultra-quiet fans ensure you are not bothered when working or gaming
- LED indicator light is located near the on/off switch
- Compatible with most laptop brands
- Does not slide around
- Cools the air effectively
- Sturdy and well built
- The LED lights seem impossible to turn off
2. AICHESON S035 Laptop Cooling Pad, Blue-5fans
AICHESON Cooling Pad for Laptop is designed to keep laptops up to 17.3 inches cool and working efficiently. It weighs 1.8 pounds and measures 16” by 11” by 1”. Needless to say, this cooling pad is built with portability in mind, and, therefore, can be used even when you are on a vacation or business trip.
The cooling pad has a large fan at the center and 2 smaller ones on each side. In total, it is equipped with 5 fans that enable it to keep your laptop cool and working properly. It also features a highly functional upper surface, which is covered in meshed metal to ensure airflow is not compromised. The sides and bottom of this upper surface are made of plastic to help keep the laptop cooler lightweight and highly portable.
More Info: A USB-to-USB cord, which is around 1.5 feet in length, is provided to help you connect your laptop to the cooling pad for power. The cooling pad can be raised from 2.4 inches to 4.8 inches and the angle adjusted from 7.5 degrees to 21.5 degrees. This helps relieve neck pain due to incorrect posture and prolonged use of the computer.
- Convenient switch turns lights and fans on and off
- 2 USB ports and adjustable speeds promote convenience
- Metal bar offers an elevation mechanism for ergonomic performance
- Flip-up silicone grip prevents your laptop from sliding off when in an elevated position
- 4 adjustable stand settings play a role in improving your general health
- Makes a nice gift for Christmas or Valentine’s
- Does a good job of cooling laptops
- The adjustable design is an amazing feature
- The price point is cool
- The build quality is nice
- Noisy, but not to the level that it is bothersome
3. TECKNET Ultra-Slim Laptop Cooling Pad with 2 USB Powered Fans
Although this cooling pad for laptops only has a couple of fans, this should not be the reason to avoid it because it still works as good as other brands with more fans. The USB-powered fans of this laptop cooler rotate at a nice speed to make sure your laptop is running better than ever before. The pad supports many different laptop sizes from 12 inches to 16 inches.
Plus it is designed in such a way that it works perfectly with a wide range of laptop brands. For this reason, you can use it with an Apple MacBook Pro, Air, ASUS, Lenovo, Dell, Alienware, HP, etc. The 110mm fans of this cooling pad are controlled by a power switch design that makes them extremely easy to use. This also eliminates the need for mains power connection. Besides, there is an extra USB port to allow you to charge an additional USB device.
- Slim, lightweight and portable design makes it easy to carry the cooling pad around
- LED indicator at the rear notifies you when the cooling pad is on and active
- Anti-skid metal mesh base offers additional stability on nearly any surface
- Angled top sets the laptop in the perfect typing position
- Rubber-based rim holds the laptop securely in place
Other Features include grip pads on the base to prevent skidding and slipping; air-flow wave design utilizes a whisper-quiet fan to make sure you are not distracted by unwanted noise, and curved shape and dual intake vents that allow you to use the pad on both hard and soft surfaces without your laptop’s air supply being cut off.
- Can be carried around with the laptop on top
- The bottom and sides have openings to allow more airflow
- Can be used on the lap because it also draws air from the sides
- The price is great for what you get
- Fans do not light up when running
4. TopMate C5 10 – 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop Cooler Cooling Pad
TopMate C5 is a super versatile gaming laptop cooler that is not only suitable for laptops but also can be used for other devices such as routers and PlayStation. It measures 14.6 by 11.81 by 1.5 inches and can fit in a laptop backpack that is 15.6 inches. The weight, on the other hand, is just 2.1 pounds, and this is because the cooling pad is made of plastic.
This, however, does not mean the pad is less durable. If anything, it is built to stand the test of time and eliminate the need to buy a new cooler for gaming laptops time after time. What’s more, this external cooling fan pad is equipped with blue LEDs, which illuminate it beautifully when it’s working. Well, this creates a wonderful working environment, especially at night or in dark conditions.
- 2 USB2.0 ports allow you to connect to other devices
- Plastic + Metal Mesh are quality materials that keep the laptop cooler pad lightweight yet durable
- 5 adjustable angles effectively relieve neck fatigue
- 5 fans maximize airflow for optimum cooling
- 6 Adjustable wind speeds allow you to customize the cooling effects
Other Features are a non-slip mat that prevents the cooling pad from sliding around when in use; a button control panel and a small LCD screen that displays information about various buttons and wind speeds, and a hinged flap, which you can flip up to make sure your laptop does not slide towards you.
- The cooler is equipped with numerous fans
- Works wonderfully even on the lowest speed setting
- The small digital display is a nice touch
- The cooler is worth every penny
- Lights are always on
5. Targus AWE55US Portable Chill Mat Lap with Dual Fans
Targus Chill Mat Lap for Laptops boasts a low noise level of 2 decibels. This means you will be able to work or watch movies on your laptop without any sort of distraction. The mat lap is made of plastic to keep it as lightweight as possible. The plastic is solid and durable; hence, will extend the lifespan of this laptop cooler.
The fans of this cooling mat are powered via a standard USB connection, which can be connected to a computer or laptop using a mini USB cable. Besides, this laptop is available in 2 sizes, which are 16 inches and 17 inches. So, regardless of the size of your laptop, expect to find what perfectly fits it. It is crucial to note that the chill mat lap is covered by a limited warranty, which is voided in case you buy from 3rd party sellers.
- Dual fans not only keep the laptop cool but also ensure you remain comfortable throughout
- Built-in 4-port hub lets you connect to peripherals with ease
- 4 adjustable height levels allow you to use the laptop cooling mat as a laptop stand featuring an external keyboard
- Bottom ledge ensures the laptop is in place
- Velcro straps work great to keep peripheral cables tidy and neat
Other Features include a ventilated grill and open design that combine with dual fans to dissipate heat effectively; an open-edge design to keep the laptop in the top position; woven gabardine padding is resistant to snagging, and rubber stops that keep the pad in place while you work.
- A nice gift idea for someone that uses the laptop frequently and for long hours
- Pulls air from each side and cools the laptop really fast
- USB cord for turning the fans on is short and will not get tangled
- Fans are almost whisper-quiet
- The price is on the high side, but it is worth it
6. KLIM Pro – The Laptop Cooling Pad for Professionals
KLIM Pro Cooling Pad for Laptop boasts 120-millimeter fans that make it powerful for its size. Better yet, the powerful fans are not noisy and only produce 26 decibels of sound. This means you can work on your computer, enjoy your favorite games, or watch a movie with little to no interference. This cooling pad is also resistant to shocks and electronic failure. Well, this helps extend its lifespan.
The cooling pad is suitable for small and medium laptops. It is compatible with Mac laptops. And, according to the manufacturer, if your laptop is larger than 15.6 inches, you should go for a bigger model such as the KLIM Ultimate, KLIM Cyclone, or KLIM Wind. The laptop cooler weighs 550 grams, and it is completely flat so you can easily fit it in a briefcase or backpack.
More about the Product: A 5-year warranty protects this cooling pad from defects in workmanship and materials. The manufacturer also promises English-speaking customer service as well as a quick response time of 1 day.
- ABS plastic structure is solid and improves the lifespan of the cooler
- Frontal stoppers and sturdy rear legs prevent the laptop from sliding or skidding when typing
- 2 fans rotate at over 1,200 revolutions-per-minute so your laptop can be cooled in just 1 minute
- Light and compact design makes the laptop cooler portable
- The price is hard to beat
- Customer service is wonderful
- Takes up very little space
- The height is excellent
- USB cable is rather awkward, but it works as imagined
7. LIANGSTAR Laptop Cooling Pad for 15.6 – 17 Inch Laptop
Despite being equipped with 6 fans, the LIANGSTAR Laptop Cooler Pad is super quiet and will not bother you in any way when you are tackling office work or enjoying your favorite games. It is designed to work with laptops ranging from size 12 inches to 17.3 inches. And it is compatible with Alienware, Dell, MacBook Pro, HP, Lenovo, ASUS, ThinkPad, and more.
The 6 fans of this cooling pad for laptop work together to keep your device cool to the touch as well as performing at maximum level. These fans can also run separately according to your needs. You can have 3 big fans running or 3 small fans running. They are controlled by 2 separate switches that adjust the speed from 0 to max.
- 2 non-slip baffles prevent the laptop from sliding when in a slanted position
- Thin and lightweight design ensures maximum portability
- Large metal mesh improves the overall performance of the cooler
- Adjustable height allows you to easily achieve an ergonomic posture
- Adjustable fan speeds allow customized performance and maximum convenience
Other Features include built-in 2 USB ports for convenience; thickened and enlarged anti-skid pad at the bottom to keep the laptop stable, and blue LED light, which shows that the cooler is working as well as creating a beautiful atmosphere, especially in dark conditions.
- The cooling pad is insanely lightweight
- Places the laptop at a better angle
- The price is affordable
- Great for older laptops
- Build quality could be better
8. Kootek Laptop Cooler Cooling Pad, 2 USB Ports
Kootek Laptop Cooler Pad is a convenient unit that can be used in the office, living room, and bedroom. It is also built with portability in mind and can fit easily into a backpack for easy carrying and use on the go. The cooler is compatible with 12-inch to 17-inch laptops. And it works with nearly all brands, including ASUS, Lenovo, Dell, Alienware, Hp, and Apple Macbook Pro Air, among others.
4 non-slip rubber pads are at the bottom of this cooling pad, and they help keep it more stable on the desk. Furthermore, this cooler for laptops doubles as a laptop stand, and this makes it suitable for entertainment. The cooling pad also features a metal mesh surface, which ensures that the cooling performance is not compromised. Plus it has 3 operating modes that allow you to turn on 4 fans, 5 fans, or just 1 fan according to your needs.
- 2 stoppers on the front of the surface prevent the laptop from falling off
- Ergonomic stand has 6 adjustable height settings to let you watch movies and play games
- Dual USB hub makes it easy to connect to more USB devices
- Two On/Off switches simultaneously control LEDs and 5 fans
- 5 built-in fans include one big 5.9” fan and four 2.76” small fans
- Well made and fairly quiet
- The design is simple and nice
- Customer service is outstanding
- Perfect for someone that loves to play high-intensity games
- Angle-adjusting pieces tend to move a little too easily when the pad is not on a flat surface
9. MeFee Laptop Cooling Pad for 11 – 15.8 Inch Laptop Cooler
MeFee Cooling Pad for Laptops is equipped with 2 fans, but this does not mean it is less powerful than other laptop coolers that come with 4, 5 or 6 fans. The fans this cooling pad comes with are turbo and move air at 1400 revolutions-per-minute. Well, this helps create an excellent cooling effect. Better yet, the noise level from these fans is just 26 decibels.
The pad laptop cooler is very quiet, and, therefore, will not capture some of your attention when taking on an office project or trying to put the challenger in his place. The cooling pad measures 14.2 by 10.2 by 1.2 inches and weighs 1.86 lbs. The large size enables it to work with many different laptop brands, while the lightweight design helps make it portable so you can use it even on a business trip or vacation. The pad is compatible with 12” to 16.5” laptops.
- Non-slip baffle prevents the laptop from slipping off
- 5-level adjustable height setting and ergonomic stand help you get the most comfortable angle with ease
- Dual USB 2.0 ports allow you to connect more USB devices
- Power switch design ensures easy use of the cooler
- Large mesh metal surface releases as much airflow as possible
- The blue LED light is cool and can be turned off if need be
- Great for gaming laptops
- The fan speed mode is adjustable
- The price is surprisingly affordable
- Does not turn off when the laptop is in sleep mode
10. Gamenote Laptop Cooling Pad with 4 Fans
Gamenote Cooling Pad for Laptops is plug-and-play, and this means you will be able to use it right out of the box. It is suitable for laptops that are 15.6 inches to 17.3 inches in size. What’s more, this cooling pad is equipped with 4 large fans that work with a top-notch metal mesh panel to effectively draw heat away from the laptop.
These fans produce strong cooling winds yet they are very quiet to make sure nothing bothers you while gaming or working. The quietness of these fans also allows you to use the laptop cooler in the bedroom or during the wee hours without disrupting the sleep of others. The pad works with most laptop brands, including ASUS, HP, Lenovo, ThinkPad, Alienware, Dell, and MacBook, among others.
- 2 USB ports include one for USB device connection and another for power supply
- Blue light creates a stunning environment for gaming
- Roller switch allows you to adjust the spinning speed of fans as well as the brightness of LEDs
- Detachable non-slip baffle prevents the laptop from falling and can be hidden at the back of the laptop cooler if need be
- Ergonomic design allows you to adjust the height for better typing/visual angle
- Lightweight construction makes the laptop cooler pad portable and ideal for home and office use
- The price is competitive
- The quality and function of the pad is amazing
- Effectively keeps gaming laptops cool
- The extra USB port works wonderfully
- The packaging is pretty awkward – the pad is shipped in a huge box, which is not insulated inside at all
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Laptop Cooling Pad
This buying guide talks about the following factors:
Number of Fans
Some laptop coolers are equipped with 2 fans while others have up to 6 fans. Well, it does not necessarily mean those with a higher number of fans are more powerful than those with fewer fans.
While buying a cooler with multiple fans is a good idea (because when one is damaged, others can still carry on), you should check how fast these fans spin. Fans that spin faster and make countless revolutions-per-minute are likely to produce a great cooling effect for your laptop.
Most laptop cooler pads use the power from the laptop to do their job. This eliminates the need to plug them directly into the wall socket. But that is not enough as far as portability is concerned.
You need a cooler pad, which is lightweight and compact enough to fit nicely in a backpack or briefcase. What’s more, a compact laptop cooler takes up little space, and, therefore, is very convenient to use.
The best laptop cooling pad should have as many features as possible so you can have a great time using it. Some of the features the cooler pad you are going for should not miss are a non-slip baffle to prevent the laptop from skidding and falling off; a height-adjustable system to help provide better typing and visual angle, and at least 2 USB ports that ensure no USB port of your laptop is sacrificed.
Also, if possible, go for a laptop pad cooler equipped with LED lights. These lights not only show that a cooling pad is active but also create a beautiful environment, which is particularly ideal for gaming.
Laptop Brand Compatibility
You should also consider getting a laptop cooler pad designed to work with as many different laptop brands as possible. In other words, the cooling pad you are interested in should be compatible with ASUS, Dell, Lenovo, Alienware, Hp, ThinkPad, and even Apple MacBook Pro, among others. Furthermore, your cooler pad for laptop should be able to accommodate a wide range of laptop sizes without being bulky.
When buying a laptop cooling pad, you do not expect to use it for just a few months. Therefore, consider going for one that is well built. A solidly built laptop cooler is not necessarily made of 100-percent metal but it can be constructed with both plastic and metal. This makes it durable yet lightweight enough to carry and use wherever you go.
FAQs: Laptop Coolers
Q1. Can I use a cooling pad to prevent PS4 from overheating?
Yes. If your PS4 tends to overheat and start to lug or experience various non-specific problems, you can use a cooling pad to help fix the issue. However, if you are buying a cooling pad specifically to use on PS4, be sure to check its size so you do not end up with something incompatible with your gaming gadget.
Q2. Can overheating make a laptop explode?
Yes. When the battery of your laptop is exposed to substantial heating, it can lead to an explosion. The battery, however, will rupture and not ignite.
Q3. What is the most common cause of overheating in laptops?
Overheating in laptops is mainly caused by an improperly functioning fan. This means the first thing you should check when your laptop overheats time after time is the fan. You can fix this problem by using a cooling pad or having the fan repaired or both.
Q4. What happens when my laptop gets hot?
If the internal temperatures of your laptop get hot, you may experience a premature hardware failure, errors, and performance issues. Laptops have a built-in fan to circulate air and keep components cool. But if you feel that the fan of your laptop is not working as nicely as it should, maybe it is time to invest in a laptop cooler.
Q5. What are the signs of overheating in laptops?
According to lifewire.com, your laptop may experience the following due to overheating:
- Shuts down abruptly on its own
- Certain areas (like where the battery, RAM, processor, or fan are located) at the laptop’s bottom get very hot
- The fan runs constantly and makes a loud whirring noise
- Unexpected or non-specific error messages
- The laptop struggles to perform basic tasks like opening a new browser window
- The system freezes or kicks a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)
- Lines appear on the screen of the laptop
Best Laptop Cooling Pad Reviews: Conclusion
To conclude, a laptop cooling pad is a nice purchase for gamers and non-gamers alike. It is designed to keep the internal temperatures of your laptop cool. In so doing, a laptop cooler helps improve the general performance of a laptop. It also improves speed as well as enabling the laptop to handle both basic and complex tasks with ease.